CUES - Who we are and what we do
C.U.E.S. is lead by a voluntary committee of students. In an annual election,
any student member of the engineering department may put forward their name for
one of the committee positions, provided it is seconded by two other members of
the department. Those elected by the CUES membership form the committee who,
with advise from the sponsors and faculty members, run the society.
Some of the services CUES provides:
- The Cambridge Engineer Magazine - A free magazine, written by our
members and delivered directly to each and every one each term.
We aim to cover the undertakings of student teams, industry and individuals.
See more and download issues at our magazine webpage.
- Christmas dinner - A chance for engineers from across the universtiy to
relax at the end of Michaelmas term.
- Annual dinner - A more formal affair in a prime location and held at the
end of Lent term, the CUES annual dinner brings engineers and friends
together for fine food and wine, with a guest speaker too.
May-week garden party - The post-exam engineering event, BBQ, live
music, strawberrys, pimms and much, much more.
- Presentations from industry - Up to twice a week during full term, both at lunchtime and in the evenings,
we bring out members speakers form all sectors engineering and beyond. A
prime source for job opportunities and to learn about real world projects
that are happening now.
- Society trips, a chance to get away fromt he Cambridge bubble for a day,
subsidised and nothing that involves work!
- Stash - hoodies, mugs, pens, bottle openers all subsidised and available
to our members on signing up.
- CUES careers fair - the largest student run fair in Cambridge, featuring some of the biggest names in the industry.
Run in Michaelmas Term, this is THE event for placements and job hunting.